This course, often referred to as the basic food hygiene certificate, is for anyone who works in a setting where food is cooked, prepared or handled.
All food handlers can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this course.
To complete the certification process, the student will need to successfully pass the certification exam. Upon completion, a certified food handling certificate will be issued by the Crescent Halal Food Certification Canada Inc.
The certificate is valid for three years.
The course content is in accordance with Ontario Ministry of Health and Long- Term Care standards.
The topics covered include:
- Understanding Bacteria and Preventing Foodborne Illness
- Introduction to HACCP principles
- Safe handling, preparation, and storage of food
- Personal hygiene and pest control
- Food premises sanitation, design, and maintenance
- Food allergies